Vergennes Doggie Plunge
Saturday, September 26th
The Vergennes Pool will be hosting a pool party for Dogs! Bring your pooch to the Vergennes Pool, 46 East Street, on September 26th and watch them have fun. THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
After the dogs are done swimming, K9 Kane will be doing a demonstration for community members to watch. The K9 Kane will be available after the demonstration for kids to meet them. Please make sure you wear your masks! (During the K9 demonstration, we ask that all dogs are brought home or left in the car for their safety)
Open Session: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
VPD K-9 Demonstration: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
The first 20 registrations will receive a $5 gift card from our sponsor Middlebury Agway! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre register for the event. We will also be giving away dog biscuits courtesy of Vermont Cookie Love, dog ice cream courtesy of Lu Lu, and swag courtesy of Vergennes Animal Hospital!
Rules and RegulationsEvent Rules:
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all their vaccinations, and wear a collar with proper ID at all times;
- All pets MUST be on a leash at all times in the event area;
- Exception: The lease can be removed for swimming;
- Event area includes VUES parking lot, Veteran’s Park, and the pool area.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and well socialized with other dogs and people;
- Swimming with your dog is prohibited;
- All participants are expected to clean up after their own dog (bags provided);
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per participant.
- All participants must stay 6 feet apart at all times;
- All participants and volunteers must wear a mask when entering and existing the event area.
- Participants must pre-register and pre-pay with City Hall.
- No more than thirty (30) participants and sixty (60) dogs shall occupy the pool complex at any given time;
- No more than ten (10) volunteers or sponsors shall be present in the pool complex during each session.
- At the conclusion of each time slot, volunteers shall be allotted fifteen (15) minutes to sanitize the entire pool area prior to the initiation of the next time slot.
- All individuals are required to wash their hands with soap and water when entering and subsequently occupying the pool area; hand sanitizer will be provided on the pool deck for such use.
- Under no circumstances shall anyone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms or who has a fever be allowed to enter the pool complex;
- Participants who have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 within 14 days before the event will be asked to not attend.