Sam Fishman Pool
Thank you to everyone who participated in making the Sam Fishman Pool operational this summer for our community. We are lucky to have this asset right here in Vergennes and appreciate those who were able to take part in this recreational activity.
Here are some highlights from the 2020 pool season we would like to share with our community:
The pool was run in a safe manner this summer with steps taken to ensure we remained COVID compliant, such as:
- Sign up swim slots for patron number control and contact tracing purposes
- Temperature checks prior to pool entry
- Additional sanitization of surfaces
- Addison County residents had access this season to reduce potential virus outbreaks
- Passes Sold: 42 Single, 97 Family and 498 people registered in total
- Dedicated Senior swim hour (55+)
- Morning lap swim 7 days per week
- Water Aerobics 2 days per week
- Vergennes Swim Team (ages 5-18)
- Extended swim season through September 10th
- More available hours for public to have open swim time
- Pool rental; Maritime Museum, Vermont State Police SCUBA, School THUNDERCARE Program
- Over $1,700 in donations for those in financial need for a pool pass (THANK YOU DONORS)
- End of Season Event: 25 dogs attended “Doggie Plunge” swim, frisbees, and treats! (THANK YOU SPONSORS)
We can’t wait for the next pool season and will be hard at work this winter to keep improving our offerings as well as working on ways to ensure the longevity of our facility.
Hope to see you in June 2021!
47 East St, Vergennes, VT
For daily updates, please visit City of Vergennes Pool on Facebook.
Pool donations can be made online, by mail, or in person.
Online: PayGov *Please write “Pool Donation” in the very first red box*
Mail: PO Box 35, Attn: Vergennes Pool, Vergennes, VT 05491
Drop Box/ In Person: 120 Main Street, Attn: Vergennes Pool, Vergennes, VT 05491
Public Forum Presentation